Current Project: Petal Burst Table Topper from Sedef Imer's book Quilt Petite.
Hangup #1: I didn't really like my combination of fabrics (which you can't see here) 100%. But I had already cut them out and spent lots of time sewing the interfacing on the back. One of the fabrics is a script text print. Another is this farm print. Not sure they go together. Who cares.
Hangup #2: Drawing the guide lines for placing the appliqué was a little daunting to me. Who cares. I did it anyway, and it was no problem.
Hangup #3: Blanket-stitching all 42 little pieces of appliqué was a new skill. Slow and steady wins the race. No one said it had to be perfect. Who cares if it's a little wonky.
Hangup #4: Free-motion quilting is my nemesis, the thing that could just ruin this project for me. No one said it had to be perfect, and it's definitely not. There are puckers on the back, but who cares. No one will look back there. It's imperfect, but finished, and I feel like I conquered that thing I was most afraid of.
All that's left is to bind it. It's interesting what a love/hate relationship you have with some projects. This one definitely has had both sides of the coin. But who will know...an imperfect finished project is better than a perfect unfinished one.