Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Glow and Gloom

Now is the time to dance.

The harvest is almost gathered in.



I watched these pinecones bud and mature over the summer. Now they make me think of Christmas, especially paired with the holly berries we find close beside them.





I am hunkering down with this quilt, beginning to hand quilt it now.
I am done hand basting. Once I got the hang of it, it went quickly. I hope it is worth the extra time I put into it.

I am not an expert hand quilter. I sat down tonight and started on it. It goes pretty quickly too once you get the motion down.



I enjoy listening to my son read aloud to me every day. He is improving so quickly.

This particular page really got to me, where it says that "school must be safe because so many children went there." This was the day after tragedy struck a school very near my hometown, and a child lost his life because of someone's senseless violent anger. My mother's heart breaks for what happened. We can't shelter them everywhere all the time, but I am glad to have my kids close to me.



The clouds are rolling in, and with the sun they cast their autumn glow and gloom on the world below them.


Now is the time to dance.

We are safe and warm and fed. Thank you, God.


No comments:

Post a Comment