Saturday, September 17, 2016

Nifty Thrifty

It was a good thrifting day today! I love these old books that no one seems to notice. This one is perfect for my nature study shelf, all about Jim's adventures in the woods and all the animals he meets.


I adore the colored illustrations and plates found throughout the book.


We've been doing a pretty good job of reading the things I bring home, if they are picture books. This one will find its home in my Morning Basket for sure.


I love the life-like illustrations of the animals as well as the poems that begin each new chapter.

The mountain ash was wearing
Her beads of coral red,
And the fuzzy caterpillars
Were all looking for a bed;
The thistle birds were calling,
And the air was crisp and clear,
"Summer has gone," said Buddy Jim
And Winter'll soon be here."


And the other happy find of the day...


If it has Melody Miller's name on it, I pounce on it. Ha. Gotcha!

This book is about creative ways to wrap gifts. But it is so much more than that. It is a craft and  sewing book. It is a photographic feast for the eyes, and an enjoyable read with quotes and anecdotes all throughout.

I love the colors and vintage vibe...


Here is a project teaching you how to make a box out of a vintage board game.


There are also ideas for bags, garlands, other types of boxes, and paper crafts. So inspiring!

I love this quote...

"Things are not difficult to make. What is difficult is putting ourselves in a state of mind to make them."


And finally, I got happy mail today! Stephanie from Modern Sewciety sent me this thank you package for the Boxcar Tote I sent her recently. I love this fabric and can't wait to use it for something special. I see more surprise packages to sewing peeps in the future, because it's just really fun to make things for other people.



Happy fall, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment