Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Happy Mail Day

The weather has cooled off here, leaving it feeling more and more like fall. I'm sure there are several Indian Summer days ahead, but fall is definitely knocking on the door.




I am finally making progress on the Boxcar Tote. I had to wait for the 10-yard bolt of Decor Bond interfacing to be delivered. It came the other day, surprisingly fast. Way to go, Amazon. I laughed when I saw that it was an order fulfilled by Wal-Mart. Impressive, Bentonville!




I am liking the fabric combination. One way to test the contrast of fabrics is to look at a black and white photo of it. This one doesn't have a ton of contrast, but I am pleased with it. One thing about this pattern is that the layers are so thick! Nearly every piece is interfaced, and I chose a couple heavy fabrics in the first place. Yet again, Bernina does an amazing job muscling through all the thickness!




Happy mail came today! I had to order more Essex Linen for my churn dash quilt, so I added a "digital print" Kona sampler to my cart. I was expecting a cardboard poster. What a surprise when I opened the package and found it is a fabric panel! I love it! Isn't it pretty? I just want to hang it on my wall and imagine all the color combinations I could play with.




Another piece of happy mail arrived too. Sewn With Grace, whom I follow on Instagram, was doing a destash, giving away some of her fabric if she happened to have a specific piece named by any of her followers within a 30-minute window. I asked for Pearl Bracelets, and look! See, my bad Instagram addiction does pay off sometimes! Even better than the yard of fabric is the new friend I made. I plan on sending her some happy mail back. Thanks so much, Renee!

No comments:

Post a Comment