Saturday, August 20, 2016

Here are a few more makes I never posted on this blog. They are from a couple swaps I did last spring. I love the Noodle head Divided Basket pattern and used it for both swaps.

For this basket I used one of the Farmer's Wife 1930's blocks, Margaret, for the front pocket, since that was my partner's name.


I made another one for a Nana Company swap, this time paper piecing scrappy hexies for the pocket. Some little embroidery even sneaked its way in. I also included a Cateye Zipper Pouch. That pattern is one of my favorites!


Lecien Flower Sugar for the interior. A little lace trim on the top. And covered webbing for the handles. I hope this basket is happy in its new home, because I sure had fun making it.

I have to add that when I sew, I love, love, love to listen to Podcasts. They inspire me and keep me going. One of my very favorites is Modern Sewciety. I have listened to all the back-episodes as I have sewed through Farmer's Wife 1930's this summer. I admit I am a junkie. Thanks, Stephanie, for a great Podcast. Please keep them coming!

1 comment:

  1. I assure you it is happy in its new home, right on my desk with my sewing machine. It is such beautiful work Laurie! But even better I have gotten to know you a little :)

    ReplyDelete