Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Old and New

I pulled fabrics last night for a new project. Item #1 on my Bust the Stash list is the Boxcar Tote from Green Bee Patterns. I ran out of Pellon Decor Bond, so I have to wait for that to be shipped in order to finish this, but it should be a quick sew. It does eat up the yardage as it is a large bag. Great for using up your stash!

From top to bottom: denim herringbone found at Value Village, a Cosmo Cricket print I have had forever, part of a muu muu circle dress thing I found at a yard sale, Denyse Schmidt print, vintage floral I found at Value Village

I am loving the mix of old and new. I was a bit daunted by selecting fabric for this project since it has big pieces. And because of the person I hope to send this to (more on that later, I hope). But I am going with my gut here.

Here is that muu muu thing I was talking about. It is just huge. My son thinks he is sailing in a boat. I loved the dots when I spotted this thing at that sale years ago.

I have all the pieces cut, except for that interfacing. Can't wait to get going on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment